Now that Summer is in full swing, the focus turns to the outdoor space of our home. As we spend more and more of our time at home, this might be the perfect opportunity to invest in a new pool or a home with a pool. Here are 5 Pool Design Trends to get you started.
1. Natural Pools – As more of us consider the effect of chemicals on our health, more pool owners are installing natural pools. These pools are built to resemble a natural pond with boulders, waterfalls, and plants which filter the water naturally. The pool is filled with filtered water and maintained in an organic filtration process using gravel and plants.
2. Saltwater Pools – Another way to avoid chlorine is by installing a saltwater pool. These pools use a salt-chlorine generator to provide residue-free water and this process has been growing in popularity for over a decade.
3. Tanning Ledges – Also known as a Baja shelf, or sun shelf, a tanning ledge is a shallow shelf that allows you to stay cool while still enjoying the sun.
4. Rimless Infinity Pools – Infinity pools have been enjoyed at expensive resorts and spas for years, and more homeowners are now opting to include these natural beauties in their own yards.
5. Custom Fit Pools – As yards get smaller, the pre-formed pools are no longer practical. Almost any yard can fit a pool by having a custom pool designed to fit the space.
Summertime is pool time. As 2020 requires more of us to stay home, a new or remodeled swimming pool is a great way to enjoy our own backyards. If you'd like to search for homes with inground pools please use our robust SEARCH TOOL. Now is also a great time to buy a home. Let The Linda Hall Team of Century 21 First Choice assist you!