Tega Cay is a planned city in York County, South Carolina. The city is an affluent suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina and Rock Hill, South Carolina. The population was recorded at 7,621 from the US 2010 census.
In 1982, Tega Cay became a city of its own in order to protect the rights and ensure the best interests of its homeowners. The city is run under a mayor-council government framework, the Mayor as well as 4 members comprise the Council. The city maintains its own Police Department, Fire Department and Public Works Department.
The City of Tega Cay is located on a peninsula on Lake Wylie. The name, Tega Cay, is Polynesian for “Beautiful Peninsula". The surprisingly hilly terrain is densely forested, containing many different types of trees and wildlife.
- Voted #2 SAFEST CITY IN SOUTH CAROLINA 2016
- VOTED #1 SMARTEST CITY IN SOUTH CAROLINA 2016
- VOTED #1 BEST PLACES TO LIVE 2015
- VOTED #1 MOST SUCCESSFUL CITY IN SOUTH CAROLINA 2016
Annual Family Friendly Activities
- Free Summer Concerts
- Street Parades
- 4th of July Boat Parade
- Water Skiing Shows
- Fall Festival
- Christmas Tree Lighting Event
- Food Truck Rallies
- 27 Hole Golf Course & Clubhouse / Pavilion
- 8 Lighted Tennis Courts
- Beach & Swim Center
- Miles of Walking Trails
- 3 Parks containing baseball & soccer fields
- 4 Waterfront Parks
- 4 Interior Parks w/ Playgrounds
- 3 Boat launching areas
Disclaimer - Please check school assignments for new assignments or enrollment freezes.