First American Homebuyers Protection Corp
Your home is where your heart is – and it is also likely one of your most important investments. A home warranty offers resources to help you maintain your home and keep home systems and appliances running smoothly.
A First American home warranty will…
- Protect your budget from covered system and appliance failures.
- Repair or replace your covered systems and appliances.
- Save you hassle and headache of finding a reputable contractor you can trust.
- Provide 24/7 online or phone availability to request claims service.
How to get the most out of your home warranty
Home warranties provide valuable coverage and peace of mind; however they do not cover all system and appliance failures. It is important to read the coverage outlined in the contract. Follow these easy steps before placing a service request.
- Verify your coverage. When something in your home fails, check your home warranty contract to be sure it is covered and understand any coverage limits.
- Contact us first. Do not call a service provider before you report the failure to First American. We will dispatch a technician from our network to diagnose the problem and perform the repair or replacement.
- Perform routine maintenance. Remember the simple things like cleaning or changing filters in your systems and appliances. Check the manufacturer’s guidelines to see what types of maintenance are recommended and how frequently they should be performed.